Signs of Opiate Abuse & AddictionAddiction treatment centers
The signs of opiate use may not always be clear to you when you see your loved one exhibiting them. Recovery Solutions of Central Florida near Orlando recommends that you learn the signs of opiate abuse early so that you may step in and help your loved one before their addiction becomes worse. If you are interested in learning more about opiate abuse and how you could help your loved one, contact the addiction treatment centers of Recovery Solutions of Central Florida.
How Can You Spot the Signs of Opiate Use?
People that are abusing opiates are subject to a variety of symptoms. This can include physical symptoms that are more readily noticeable and other less obvious signs that should also be noted. Of the physical symptoms, the most common are:
- Changes in Behavior: If you see that your loved one is in a noticeable state of euphoria or elation, has a marked drowsiness and confusion, or even loses consciousness, these may all be signs of opiate abuse.
- Physiological Changes: Your loved one may have constricted pupils, slowed breathing, or even constipation as a result of their opiate abuse.
Of the subtler lifestyle changes, these are the ones that are most frequently seen and can cause serious distress:
- Financial Problems: These may come on suddenly and inexplicably and may indicate drug abuse.
- Withdrawal and Isolation: If your loved one is drawing themselves away from the people they love, this may be a sign that they are abusing drugs.
- Doctor Shopping: They may jump around from doctor to doctor. This is because they are trying to get multiple prescriptions from different sources.
What Can You Do to Help?
The most important and helpful thing you can do when you notice a loved one exhibiting the symptoms of and signs of opiate use is to get them help from a professional. You must do this as soon as possible in order to ensure that their health does not deteriorate. Under the care of a professional and a rehabilitation center, you can get ensure that your loved one is tended to and goes through the detoxification process in a supervised location. This can be of serious help in the event that they have a health complication.
At Recovery Solutions of Central Florida near Orlando, we pride ourselves in being one of the best addiction treatment centers and we strive to provide our patients with the safety and comfort that they need to come out of their addiction and make the journey toward recovery. If you are interested in learning more about what we can do for you, contact us today.
The addiction treatment centers of Recovery Solutions of Central Florida are here to help you get your loved one the treatment they need to recover from their addiction. If you are interested in learning more about you could help your loved one, contact us at Recovery Solutions of Central Florida near Orlando.